Wednesday, February 3, 2010

more bacon than the pan can handle

I'm back! Sometimes you just have to take a year off from blogging. Let's move on, shall we?

I have re-entered the blog arena because my friend Sue says I'm really funny and I should be writing it all down. If Sue had a blog it would be called Part Time Personal Trainer. She has the best arms, gun show. She could probably kill you in 30 seconds with her bare hands but she prefers to torture you slowly with medicine balls and big, heavy barbells. But if you saw her arms you would do whatever she tells you, just like I do.

At Sue's suggestion, I have downloaded a lifestyle tool from the iphone app store, and am using it to track my daily calorie intake and exercise. Losing weight is a frighteningly simple equation - eat less, exercise more. So why are so many people fat? Oh, right, because bacon tastes good.

But I have figured out a calorie-free way to enjoy bacon. Maybe it's not quite as good as the dead, cured, pig variety. But it is zero calories and if you stick it to the back of your hand and squint your eyes while you look at it you can almost taste the bacony goodness. Thanks, Lauren.

1 comment:

Linda said...

Oh hooray you are back! I just happened to click on this from my favorites after forever and so happy to see your wit back in writing! xoxo